A Request/Transmission is a land titles form that can be used by clients to have new titles issue in instances where there has not been a transfer of the lands in question. The form can be used to reissue an existing title to the same legal owners. Examples include:
- Requests to change name by virtue of marriage, divorce, legal change of name, or to correct a typographical error in the spelling of a name.
- Requests to change corporate name by virtue of articles of amalgamation or amendment.
- Requests for survivorship by surviving joint tenants.
- Requests to dispense with production of lost duplicate titles and to have new titles issue.
The Request/Transmission form can be used to issue the title into the name of a representative of the registered owner. Examples include:
- Transmissions by trustees in bankruptcy of bankrupt registered owners.
- Transmissions by executors/administrators of the estate of a deceased registered owner.
A Request/Transmission can also be used to ask land titles to perform some action. Examples include:
- Requests for refund of land transfer tax.
- Requests for taxation of lawyers accounts in mortgage foreclosure proceedings.
- Request to have encumbrances which have lapsed removed from titles.
- Requests for the issuance of thirty day notices and subsequent requests to have the encumbrance removed based upon the service of the notice.